Thursday, March 24, 2011

**UPDATE on my goals**

GOAL NUMBER ONE - sleep - UPDATE -
Things are going great!!! Remi didn't take a long nap today so by the time it was bed time, he was ready. We did our usual night routine: bath, read books, listen to music and then lights out. He loved the bath- we played and talked, He then started dozing off while daddy read books so we layed him down in the bassinet, turned on his music, walked out and....??? No crying!! Well....about 10 mins later he cried BUT--- only for a few mins then he was asleep again and has been for 2 hours now! ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!! It was sooo nice to sit on the couch, with hubby, knowing Remi was asleep for the night....and Mike and I had time to ourselves finally! What did we do?? Welllll...we actually surfed the net!! We looked up funny websites. It's been a great night. Both Mike and I feel so successful and proud.


GOAL NUMBER TWO - nursing - UPDATE
Well- the days' bottle count?? two bottles total!! He nursed on me all day! WOO!!! Looks like he's getting back to nursing on me rather then wanting the bottle. I'm so happy that He's weaning back...I don't want to give up on breast feeding yet so I'm so glad I didn't have to stop breast feeding ( I was preparing to stop since Remi wanted nothing to do with me). This makes me a really happy Mommy :)

Things are working out just fine :)

2 comments:

  1. You have given me inspiration!! Yorlee NEVER sleeps on her own, I always have to rock her, and even then she wants to lay next to me all night. I'm going to try to let her cry it out a bit (she cries when I'm rocking her anyways, and then just passes out). I hope it works!

    Good job getting Remi back to breastfeeding! That is awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl!!

    If you plan on doing this-- I want to pass down advice that my sister passed down to me..you must leave the room when you lay her down, and 'try' to get distracted from something else while she cries. It will break your heart to hear her cry for 20-30 mins...but it WILL pay off!!! Just remind yourself that crying won't hurt her so its okay if she cries....she will learn quick!!

    Good luck!!!!!
    ps- and thank you for saying that I'm inspiring you--- you saying that motivates ME even more!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete