Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Bad Day...

This morning I cried for Remi. He is still in pain from his ear infection. 5 days after starting the antibiotics, he is STILL in pain! He cried. I cried. I just wish I can take his pain away from him. I didn’t know what else to do today but sit with him, hold him and cry with him. I hurt just as much as he does. I’m his mommy-- aren’t I supposed to fix him? Keep him safe? Keep him from getting hurt? I am so sad that I couldn’t help him….

I called Mike this morning and told him he needed to come home. Remi and I needed him. Remi hadn’t slept more then 2 hours TOTAL then entire night. He cried all night. So I decided to call Remis doctor to tell her that I just KNOW Remis infection isn’t better. So they said to bring him in.

Sure enough- Remis ear infection is worse!! And now his other ear is starting to hurt too. His poor nose is stuffy but his lungs are clear!! So doctor Melanie prescribed a stronger antibiotic, some baby Tylenol with Codeine and some number ear drops. It was a ‘hard’ appointment though. He screamed bloody murder as she was inspecting his ears. SHE was even holding him, trying to comfort him but no one could - he was just hurting so bad.

After picking up his prescriptions, we gave Remi his new antibiotic and his ear numbing drops- saving the Tylenol with codeine for last resort. Well, those numbing drops did nothing for him so we opted to give him the Tylenol. Within 10 mins, we had our happy baby back! He was finally pain free! We were so happy! We held him tight, showed him things around the house, played toys with him and then he finally fell asleep!!!!!!!! My poor baby is finally sleeping with no pain!
I hope these meds help him fast….
All the medicine he has to take :(
Suggeling with my little prince

No comments:

Post a Comment