Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hospital day 5

Wednesday - I'm Still PREGNANT!! YAY!! Each day that goes by is seriously a miracle! From being transported to one hospital the next, spending 2 nights in labor and delivery next to a baby incubator...to now being stable enough that the word "discharge" is on paper. We have made amazing miracles already!
No contractions since Monday night! How awesome! Today has been calm and quiet. I toured NICU and met some amazing people. Yes....baby girl still has a SUPER HIGH chance of being preemie so we are still in constant contact with all the neonatologist in the hospital. Our 'magic' number is 34....as long as we get to 34 weeks, baby girl won't have to spend 'as much' time in NICU as she would have if born a few days ago. They say "One day longer in the tummy is 3 days LESS in NICU" and the fact that shes a GIRL -- girl preemies ALWAYS do better then boys. Plus, shes had her steroids for her lungs and extra antibiotics to boost her immune. The Mag is also a contributor to her neuro development. We're doing great and staying positive!!! I also heard a rumor.....IF I don't contract at all tonight then tomorrow i'll be discharged!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I was told the same thing, girl preemies do better then boys. It was a relief for me, but all I could think is .... man, what do they tell the women having boys!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I've thought about that too! Do they say "too bad its not a girl..?" You have a preemie?? How many weeks did you deliver at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a 32 week preemie boy and its true. girl preemies do much better way faster. my other 3 kids were also preemies just not as early. i am hoping your little girl can stay in for as long as possible. Its not an easy journey at all. i still 6 years later have bad dreams about all the issues i delt with with my son. he had level 3 brain bleeds. a heart murmer. was on life support for the first 7 days of his life. We were in hospital for 9 weeks. it was intense. but thanks to modern medicine he is now a healthy 6 yr old. hes 4' 3" tall and 70lbs. he started out at 4lbs so she has a great chance. i will keep you and ur family in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete