Monday, November 12, 2012

Hospital day 3

Monday morning - Good news!! The amnio came back negative so I was not forced to deliver baby girl and was given another chance to stop these contractions and keep her baking. I had an u/s last night to check on her lungs and to see if the steroids were doing their job. She PASSED!! We saw her breathing for 30 seconds straight, twice...which is GREAT!! This Mag IV drug is awful. I feel like absolute crap. I can't walk at all so it takes two people to literally carry me to the bedside potty. I can hardly keep my eyes open long enough to talk to the doctors..or type this. I'm at the highest dose they can give BUT -- as of this morning, my contractions have STOPPED!! The medicine is finally working!! The room is a lot less chaotic then the last two days. Although we are still preparing to deliver her....the chances of 'staying' pregnant are getting higher! Baby Phiona is still doing great on the monitors and is showing no signs of distress or symptoms from these nasty drugs. I've had amazing family and friends here every hour of they day, even with my tears. I miss my baby boy so much. I have never been apart from him more then a few hours. We're going on 3 days now. I'm trying to stay strong for BOTH babies now.....here's to another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment