Sunday, November 11, 2012

Hospital Day 2

Its now Sunday afternoon. Here I am at Banner Desert...the best hospital for my baby to be born at. I have had over 5 turb shots and am now on IV Magnesium, a real strong drug to help stop contractions, IV antibiotics to 'ready' my baby for the outside world AND I'm taking pills every few hours to also help stop my contractions......I am still contracting though. I have also had a shot of Betamethasone, a steroid shot to help mature babys lungs. I'll get another one in 24 hours. Baby Phiona is looking great on the monitors, shes not in distress at all thank goodness. I have so many doctors coming in and out of this room that everyone is starting to look the same. I was just 'checked' again for dilation - I'm steady at 4cm but I have a bulging bag now and therefore, will no longer be checked for the protection of my bag - they may accidentally break my water. I now have a high fever so they say I might have an infection in my uterus OR it could be all the meds (4 total now) so they just performed an amniocentesis. I was sooo scared but I actually didn't feel a thing! It was cool to watch the whole thing on the u/s screen while they did it. (yea, I'm weird like that). If the results come back positive for infection, I will be delivering her in the next few hours. If its negative, well then that means no infection and its just the meds 'causing the fever. The Neonatal team just left and gave us a clear visual of what to expect shall I deliver her between now and the next 2 weeks. I'm so scared. It feels like i'm in a dream. I can't believe this is happening. Just a few hours ago, I kissed my son and hubby goodbye and headed to the hospital to 'check' if I was having contractions or not. Thinking I'd just be sent home....I'm now in a whole different hospital then what I started out in and preparing to deliver my baby 9 weeks early. I can't stop crying. My heart hurts. I feel like I'm failing my daughter already. I will give my life at this point to save her.......

No comments:

Post a Comment