Sunday, November 11, 2012

Admitted to the hospital


Saturday night around 7pm, I started having some contractions again. Every 8 mins...no big deal. Then every 6... okay, I'm awake now......boom! Every 3 mins now. Alright, headed to the hospital I go! The monitors proved I was right. I was contracting every 2-3 minutes. Three days prior I was about a 1cm dilated. After 2 hours in the hospital and 3 shots of turb (medicine to help stop contractions) I was dilated to a 2 and STILL contracting! Perked everyone up!! I was immediately admitted to the hospital and was told I'd be in over night at least with another turb shot to help stop the contractions. After 2 more hours and another turb shot the contractions continued on. I was then checked again around 6 am. The room got quiet as we waited for the nurse to announce if I was more dilated or 'the same'. She said "I'm so sorry hunny, you are now 4cm dilated" I swear everyone in the room gasped and looked at me. I started crying my eyes out for I was getting prepared to deliver my baby at just 31 weeks along. Things got crazy from here. I had an IV placed in my arm (after, NO JOKE, 6 attempts- they had to get out an U/S machine just to place my IV....sucky veins). My OB came in the room and said "We can't handle a baby this small at this hospital, we're flying you to Banner Desert. They have a level 3 NICU and its the best place for you to deliver". Deliver??? Yes.....I was in labor and they weren't sure they couldn't stop it at this point. Luckily, it was a Sunday morning now, no traffic so they decided a ambo transport would be okay. In 40 mins time, I was introduced to at least 12 nurses, doctors, paramedics - putting IVs in, signing papers, explaining what was going to happen, the possibilities of Phiona having trouble 'making it' etc......I had to have both AirEvac and Southwest Ambo (One helicopter co and one ambulance co) because I am 'two' people, we had to have double the crew in the ambulance just in case I delivered in the ambo.  - I was switch to the ambo gurney and we drove off to the bigger hospital around 7am. MAY I ADD--- I was alone for most of this. Hubby stayed home 'cause our 2 year old was sleeping and I figured I'd "be right back" My BFF came while I was in triage and stayed with me for a few hours. The 'news' of being transported as well as being transported...I did alone. I was soo scared!  My world was spinning like no other!! ---

No comments:

Post a Comment