Monday, January 17, 2011

We reached 6 weeks!

6 weeks ago today I was in labor and delivering the most amazing thing of my life-my precious son Remington. I'll say this every week I'm sure....but I'll say it again ~ I absolutely LOVE being a Mommy. It has its ups and downs but its wonderful.

Lets start off with Me. Luckily I'm not suffering from postpartum depression but I've got super duper bad anxiety. There are things that I would normally be fine with that are now 'working me up' into a panic. I hate it. I hate that I feel this way. I've tried talking to myself, asking myself why I feel like this but I can't find the answers. When I'm in a certain situation that 'I panic' with- I try to quietly calm myself down by telling myself 'its okay', but it doesn't work. I think I'll talk to my doctor about it on Thursday to see if he has any suggestions. This 'anxiety' is keeping me from things that I rather be apart of. Makes me sad.

Speaking of Thursday- I will have my 6 week check up. I'm still having some slight muscle pain 'down there'. I've also started bleeding again. It stopped around 4 weeks postpartum but has started again. I feel like I'm on my period but the bleeding isn't heavy at all- It's super light. My weight hasn't changed. I'm still down all my 'baby weight' but now I'm trying to lose the 'other' weight.

Baby Remington is doing fantastic!! The last 4 or so nights, he's been sleeping 5-6 hours straight: from about midnight to 6am - so basically hes sleeping through the night. It's wonderful!! I am still breast feeding and going strong! Although hes spitting up a lot after he feeds. Not sure whats causing that. Hes starting to smile when you talk to him. He follows objects super well and hes 'cooing' a lot! Last night, Remi and I took a bubble bath together. It was so relaxing for me and I'm sure it was for him too. He was so calm the entire time. I let his body float in the warm water and he just about fell asleep in it. I'm thinking this will be a weekly thing for us. It was truly a wonderful bonding experience for the both of us.

Friday is going to be stressful. Remi has his scan on his spine at the children's hospital. He has a "Pilonidal Dimple" or a hole on the bottom of his tail bone. I'm super nervous about it and just hoping everything turns out fine. Mike is taking the day off of course so we can go together. But after that's all done- we have a 'date' planned for that night. My sister has offered to babysit for us to give us a chance to go out, with out Remi, and have some time to ourselves (our first time out alone since he's been born) I'm really looking forward to it! I even bought a new outfit to wear that night! It will be great to have my hubby all to myself :)

Thats about it for now! Here are some pictures of Remis 5th week on earth =)








No comments:

Post a Comment