Monday, January 3, 2011

ONE MONTH- Let's reflect-

Today marks 4 weeks since Mr. Remington was born. What a month it was!!!! I can remember the exact moment that I knew I was in labor. I was so scared and excited! I remember the moment I walked into our bedroom to wake my sleeping husband to say "This is it!" I had waited 9 months to say those words.

Lets reflect on our past 4 weeks:

Week One~ The first week home with Remi was a blur!! A true learning experience though. We were in such 'awe' with our  new bundle that we didn't see much of the real world- unless someone came to us to visit. We must have only watched 1 hour of TV the whole week, only ate food that people brought to us (we didn't have to cook our own dinner for almost 2 weeks), took showers half asleep and realized that 'our life was now going to be busy'! We learned how to adapt to our new baby, we learned tricks to make our new life easier and we learned how to cope with 2 hours of sleep a night!!!!! Lets just say- the first week went super fast. Oh and Mike was sick- he actually got a cold while in the hospital, I got sick the last day I was at the hospital and my sweet baby was also sick. He had a pretty bad cold which made his nose super stuffy. We had to suction him every hour. He also had jaundice that we had to watch closely.

Week two~ We were severely sleep deprived. Mike had another week off. This was the week we took Remi out for the first time. It was super scary! We felt like the most protective parents ever! I basically gave up breastfeeding at this point but continued to pump so that Remi still received breast milk. It helped alot during the night hours when Mike could feed Remi from a bottle while I tried to get an extra 20mins of sleep in. Lots of visitors this week too!

Week three~  It was a mix between Christmas and Mike going back to work. I was nervous and hell when he went back to work but I actually did just fine. I managed to take a few naps during the day when Remi slept and could do maybe one chore a day. My body still wasn't feeling the best so I was pretty couched bound this week.

Week four~ This week was rough! I had my breaking point of hormones, emotions and was super sleep deprived. My body is finally feeling 'better' but I think my endometriosis is already coming back :( Mike seemed to take the lazy route this week leaving me with lots of things to do and basically feeling as if I was on my own with Remi. After days of crying and yelling- Mike woke up and started to help ALOT more! I actually got TONS of sleep this past weekend! I feel soooo refreshed. We did, however, have two scary incidents that happened. Remi choked on his spit-up and turned blue. Seeing your newborn baby not breathing and turning blue is the worst thing ever!! Luckily, a few good pats on the back worked and he was screaming once again. Then he rolled off the couch but Mikes hands caught him just as he hit the ground. Mikes hands acted as a cushion. He wasn't hurt. Like I said- he didn't hit the ground. But that was another 'wake up' call for us both.

Today Remi and I woke up early and got ALL the chores done FAST!! Two loads of laundry washed and put away, dishes done, vacuumed, straightened up the house, pumped and paid some bills and made some phone calls.  We'll go grocery shopping next!!
Things are becoming easier....now that I got some sleep over the weekend. I'm still not sure when I'll go back to work. I have 2 jobs waiting for me though whenever I do. I think it will all come down to finances that force me back. I have my 6 week check up with my OB in 2 weeks so I'll see what he says to do.....that is if my body is healed enough.
So that's our month!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment