Thursday, January 6, 2011

And the walls come tumbling down.....

Breast feeding has been going SO perfect this last week! I was super happy and proud of myself that I decided to try it again. My nips were a little tender (what do you expect them to feel like when a little monster bites them!!) Anyways- today he seemed to not latch very quick, for very long or very good. I thought maybe he just wasn't hungry. Well this continued all day! Poor baby was crying like he was starving yet he wouldn't stay latched for more then 10 seconds at a time. I was getting so frustrated thinking that HE didn't want me anymore :( I finally gave in and fed him a bottle (of breast milk of course) while I pumped. He ended up sleeping for 3 hours and was so content!
The next feeding came around 3 hours later- I tried latching him....and nothing! He wouldn't stay on and would just cry. After 20 mins of trying to get him to latch- I was way to frustrated and I fed him a bottle. I went into my room and pumped.......but I was DRY AS A BONE!!!!! What the heck!! Just 3 hours prior I pumped 4 ounces and now there is nothing coming out! No wonder why Remi was so hungry and not latching- nothing was coming out.
I am so NOT happy right now...the saddest Ive been in awhile. What if this is 'the end' of breast feeding? Why can't I make milk for my baby? I feel so defeated. I thought I was on a role by breast feeding him again and now this? Its like someone just tripped me right before the finish line.
We have roughly 2 days worth of breast milk froze right now and I am soo sad that in just 2 days, he will be on formula. I know formula baby's are just fine....I just wished I could have provided breast milk longer.
Lets just hope its stress or something else that's causing this....if not-- I am going to have one hell of a weekend knowing my body has stopped working....

*Not a happy Mommy*

4 comments:

  1. If your stressed you will dry up quickly! Also try the herb supplement Mothers Milk. You'll smell like maple syrup for a bit but it helps your supply get back up there. It worked for us really well when I had my issues but in the end E just was a BF baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WElllll-- it must have been a fluke 'cause by the next pump session- i got 5 oz!! So I'm thinking it was the stress of Remi not latching. Also- i started drinking mothers milk about 2 weeks ago..I LOVE IT! 2 weeks ago I was only putting out 2 oz...then it increased to 5-7 oz within the week of drinking the tea. *Im sipping my 3rd cup of the day right now!!!*
    Thanks Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Mommy!! I'm so glad you were able to get some milk! I haven't started pumping yet, I just ordered a Medela pump for when I go back to work. Hopefully it works!

    I'm proud of ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girl!!!
    Today has been great as well. Hes been latching so good again! I'm so happy and feel so much better now :)

    PS- I LOVE Yorlee!!!

    ReplyDelete