Wednesday, December 22, 2010

He's "official"

Decided to take Remi for a walk this afternoon to the mailbox. I was expecting tons of Christmas card and bills....but what I received instead was far more exciting..!!!! Amongst the Christmas cards and ONE bill..thank goodness....I found a piece of mail addressed to "Remington James Ewald"---- I got scared for a minute untill I saw that it was from the Social Security Office. We walked home super fast and opened the letter~ It was his social security card!! For some reason- I started crying. For me it was a moment of "He's Official". It was an emotional 'letter'. My son, my dream, my 2 years of hard work- was now recognized as a citizen of the United States. Yea I know..I'm a bit dramatic but if you could 'feel' what I've been through to get to 'this' point of holding my son in my arms....EVERY little thing that pertains to Remi is so emotional for me, so special and such a milestone.
I called my mom right away and she was just as excited as I was!!! "HE'S OFFICIAL!!" she yelled!!!!

The words I've waited to hear.....He IS official...He IS a REAL person......he's not just a dream anymore....He is HERE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Congrats Remi & Mommy!!!! :-) What a great milestone!

    ReplyDelete