Monday, October 29, 2012

Long Over due update

Wow!!
So its been a whole month since I've updated. Miss Phiona is still in here baking away but the clock is ticking. We're hoping (per the doctor) that we make it to 32 weeks. My cervix is slowing giving way, from the inside out. The ultrasound last week showed increased 'funneling', meaning its more dilated from the inside out then previous weeks. I have 2 inches of cervix left. During the exam, when doc checked me, he said "Yea...shes right there and doesn't have far to go. A short short cervix" YIKES! We talked about NICU and our chances of having an early baby. Her chances of survival and possible ways to keep her inside a few more weeks. We go in for another ultrasound next week and if we have a 'definite' change of cervix, he will attempt to be a cerclage or "stitch" in my cervix to help keep it closed for a few more weeks. So, our next goal is 32 weeks THEN once we hit 35 weeks, doc won't stop me from going into labor. He just doesn't think my cervix will be strong enough to handle much more.
We're getting down to the wire!! eeek! I'm super nervous, super excited and well...just hoping she gets here safe and healthy..no matter when that is.
My weight is crazy!!! I lost 6lbs in month three.....and have only gained 3 of those lbs back. So however you want to put it - a 3lb weight gain or no weight gain? Either way - I'm happy with it!
Her room is just about done! We have the baby shower scheduled for Dec. 1st and after that, her room will be complete I'm sure!!

Here is the latest belly pic :)





How far along:
  One day shy of 30 weeks!!
Total weight gain/loss: No weight gain in a month! I've gained 3 lbs (but still down 3 lbs from the day I got pregnant) so I still weigh less then I did when I got that BFP :) SO happy about that!
Sleep: Insomnia is through the roof!
Food cravings: Granola, fruits and salads.. MMMM!!
Best moment this week: Watching her have the hiccups
Movement:  ALL-DAY-LONG :)
Gender:  GIRL* GIRL* GIRL *GIRL* GIRL* GIRL
Labor signs:  Some on and off contractions for the last 2 days...ugh!!
Belly Button in or out:  Half way in, half way out!
What I miss:  picking stuff up off the floor without having to hold my breath. hehehe
What I am looking forward to: Ultrasound next week ;)
What I'm loving: Seeing her elbows and knees move across my belly
Milestones: at this point, its making it another week.
Weekly Wisdom: Drink more water!
Symptoms: Hungry all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment