Sunday, November 13, 2011

Things are getting close...

This coming Tuesday will mark 3 weeks 'till Remingtons "big day" and things are coming along nicely. I'll re-cap:

His birthday is Airplane themed. I made the invitations my self and will be sending them out ......TOMORROW!!! Here is the invitation ----





I am going to make cupcakes for the guests and have ordered custom made cup cake 'tags' that say "Remington Airlines". I have also ordered 144 plastic airplanes that will go on each cupcake as well serve as the decoration on Remis own personal sized cake. And today I just got the airplane shaped cookie cutter that will make the cutest cupcakes!
Speaking of Remis cake, It will be a small one, just for him. It will be green on the inside and blue on the outside, same as the cupcakes.
The colors theme of the entire party is blue, green and yellow. We will serve pasta salad (courtesy of my sister), pigs in a blanket and some snacks like goldfish, fruit loops and animal crackers and a side of crackers and cheese.
Not quite sure on what drinks we'll serve but I know one drink will be my famous 'fall' drink ~ few cups of pineapple juice, a few cups of apple juice and a few tbls of Cinnamon heated in the crock pot for a few hours. MMmmm!
On the creative side, I will have a video montage playing of Remis first year. I will also have the "alphabet pictures" and his "monthly time-line" pictures hung for viewing. And last but not least, we will have a time capsule. Each guest will write Remi a note with some advice and wishes for his future. We will keep it under lock and keep 'till his 18th birthday.
I can't wait to put all these ideas into reality! Only 3 weeks away!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment