Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and Mommys birthday

Remi just celebrated his first Halloween! Officially, he was a dragon (we dressed up as "The Rubbles") for an earlier costume party) and the cutest dragon ever! We started off trick or treating in our own neighborhood with a few neighbors. After about an hour, we headed to my parents neighborhood (in which I grew up in). We stopped at all of Remis "Aunties" houses. It got very emotional in every way when Remi "walked" up to them all to get some candy for the first time. His "aunties" have wanted Remi in this world just as much as we did so He is so very special to them.
Remi with his best friends






Hanging out with Papa Paul afterwards

Halloween is also my birthday. Last year on my birthday, I was 8 months pregnant so it was so much fun to celebrate  my birthday with my son this year. I held him while everyone sang happy birthday to me and he helped me blow out my candles :) And Mike got me a beautiful diamond and sapphire ring. Sapphire is Remis birthstone :)





And as I mentioned before, we went to a costume party the night before Halloween and we dressed up as "The Rubbles". I made our costumes out of old sheets. I thought we looked pretty darn good!

2 comments:

  1. hey I just wanted to let you know that I looked up Decembers birthstone and its actually blue topaz and september is saphire, which is the really dark almost navy blue. And December also has turquois which I thought was a fun little tidbit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh!! Oops!! I'm getting the name wrong then 'cause the ring he gave me is the really light blue. But didn't know about the turquoise one. Thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete