Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My last 72 hours......

Our first night at the hospital went really well. Didn't sleep much due to nerves and pain but it went as smoothly as it could. I managed to slowly take a shower with Mikes help and the nurses help. It felt amazing!! We woke up every 2 hours or so to feed Remington and to give the nurses blood pressures and such. Remi fed pretty well considering my milk hasn't came in yet.
The morning came fast. I ordered some tasty french toast and a ham and cheese omelet! MMm! I ate it in about 2 mins flat! We soon started having visitors come to meet our new family member. The rest of the day was pretty blur. Visitors in and out, nurses in and out, and me - well I pretty much stayed put in my bed.
We had Remi circumcised that afternoon. It went well but poor little guy was out the rest of the day. In fact he went almost 8 hours with out feeding. He did resume eating after his 'sugar high' from the circumcision wore off. I was one worried mama though!
That night I was a little more 'up and down'. I had more energy and less pain so I was able to shower by myself and walk around the halls a bit. We even went to a 'new parent' class that entitled us a 'quick release' in the morning. We were so exhausted and knew we'd be going home the following morning so we opted to have Remi spend a few hours in the nursery so we could get some sleep. Well, Mr. Remi had his own idea and cried the first hour in the nursery so they brought him back. Poor mommy and daddy didn't get the 'nap' they wanted to after all!! But secretly, I was more then happy to have him back in my arms. That one hour was the longest hour ever without him!
Then next morning was discharge day!! We casually ate breakfast, Remi got his hearing tested and passed and my mom came to help us pack and get things ready to come home. It was SOO exciting and nerve racking knowing that day, we'd be on our own with this tiny little human. This little person that we had to keep alive!!! haha
After getting all the papers signed and bags packed, we headed down to the admissions office where we realized we couldn't find the keys!! Luckily, after going back to the room to search and then basically unpacking all of our things, we found the keys in the pocket in Mikes jacket!! It was pretty funny!
Next-- we had to drive home!!!!!!!!! Driving with Remi was the scariest thing ever! I think we drove 5 below the limit the entire time..using every precaution we could to insure we arrived safely.
Now that we're through our front door--- our Life has just Begun.......

No comments:

Post a Comment