Thursday, December 30, 2010

Changes

Ive always pictured and dreamed of what it would be like to be a mom. I KNEW it would be amazing and challenging....but its SUPER challenging!! I Love my son more then life it self, but boy is this hard!! I'm hitting the "3 week blues" - things are getting to me mentally. I'm physically drained, mentally exhausted but emotionally in love.
Mike and I are having some rough patches. We are trying to learn how to adapt to our new life as parents to Remi...as well as lovers to each other. Mike works all day and wants to come home and relax. I 'work' all day long and when Mike comes home- I want to relax and hand Remi to him! So we are butting heads on this issue. I am with Remi 24/7 ~ Mike 'gets a break' everyday at work. He also gets a break while he sleeps at night 'cause I also get up with Remi- hence why I am just drained to the core. Somehow and someway- we need to figure out how to be parents and spouses at the same time. This was something they didn't teach you in "prenatal class"

Remi is going through an obvious growth spurt. When I bottle feed him, he usually consumed 2 oz every 2-3 hours. Well the last few days hes been SO fussy and just not a happy baby. I felt like maybe I was doing something wrong! I WAS!! Poor baby was starving!! He's now eating 3oz every 2 hours! I've JUST figured this out so mabye I can get some sleep finally! Hes only been sleeping 2 hours at night!!! Makes it super hard to function all day long and not be a grump....which I am BUT I have every right to be :)

* Here are some recent pics of my little prince charming *








No comments:

Post a Comment