Friday, January 14, 2011

To be a mom.....

....is to have a never ending love for a human. It's to worry every second of the day, to double think everything I do. It's to always plan ahead for the future and to constantly have 'something to do'. To be a mom was my dream in life, my goal, my want, my wish and my need. I NEEDED to be a mom. I felt that I was born to be a mom. And obviously I did what I needed to do to become a mom. We have bills to prove it, the medicine bottles to prove it and the medical history to prove it- to prove that we would do anything to become parents to a sweet innocent child. I have never looked back. I have never thought 'should we have?' 'was it worth it?' nor have I ever said 'no' to the thought of bringing and raising a child into this world. We made the best decision of our lives.
To carry a child within your own body, to birth a child from your body, and to grow a child with your body is the most amazing, indescribable act of love a human can do. To sacrifice sleep, energy and your own life to protect, raise and love another is the biggest selfless act. And to prepare, teach and help a child grow into their own person is the most rewarding feeling.
I've always heard about 'the love' between a mother and her child and never thought twice about it until I experienced it myself.  It truly is the best love I've ever felt. I do love my husband, more then anything, but the love I have for Remington is, well indescribable. I'd give my life for him, I'd give my whole soul for him if it meant he'd have a chance to grow, to become an individual in this world. The love of a child is incredibly strong. My life has become my sons, and his life has become our whole world.

1 comment:

  1. I needed this post! I'm sitting here in tears. I've had it rough lately. I'll email you back soon, I tried to search for you on Facebook as well but couldn't find you.

    Remi is so lucky to have such a great Mommy!

    ReplyDelete