Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Party Time!!!!!


Remingtons first birthday party was an absolute success!!! I spent lots of time planning every detail of this day to make sure it was perfect!! .....and it was!!!






The theme was airplanes and the main colors were yellow and blue. I made some spinach, turkey and cream cheese pinwheels. My sister made her famous pasta salad and my mom made delicious weenies in the crock pot. Mikes dad also brought his home made guacamole and salsa. We had soda and water for the adults and juice for the kids as well as fruit loops, animal crackers and popcorn. Mike and I made the cupcakes and cake and airplane shaped sugar cookies.

The hot chocolate favor bags were a hit! I filled little bags with a packet of instant hot chocolate, a few marshmallows, chocolate chips and 2 mini candy canes. They were set up in a suitcase with a "baggage claim" sign above and the area to drop off Remis gifts was labeled "baggage check-in".
We had lots of personal touches such as the cupcake toppers: Remington Airlines- those labels were also used on the favor bags.


We had close to 30 family and friends come to celebrate Remingtons first year! They were so kind to get him all sorts of gifts including books, new outfits, bath toys, trucks, the alphabet train, two huge teddy bears (that ironically both of my best friends bought him without knowing), and my mom and sister also bought him the same gift- a musical helicopter.

Remington with his GREAT Grandpa

Mommy and Remi



Remi and Daddy

Remi LOVES stuffed animals and as I mentioned above, both of my best friends, not knowing, got Remi the same stuffed bear. And let me tell you......this kid spotted one of the bears from a mile away and did whatever he could to get it in his hands......




Like I said...he LOVES stuffed animals :)



Remi didn't miss a beat when it came to eating his first cake. In fact, as soon as daddy set the cake down in front of him, Remi went face first into it for the first bite. It was great!!!


This was his face when we were singing Happy Birthday to him :)



"Here you go Daddy"

"Try some cake Mommy"
 It was sure a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment