Thursday, October 6, 2011

Baby #2 ~!!

Well, I am finally coming clean.....we have been TTC #2 for 2 months now. Yes!! We are ready for another baby! I'm scared, nervous, excited and well....super excited!

Heres my back story:
In 2005 at the age of 18 I was diagnosed through Lapo with stage 4 Endo. My periods had stopped for almost a year at this point 'cause the endo was so bad. I had 2 lapos in a period of 6 months before starting 3 months of the strongest doses of Lupron. It worked!! My periods returned within 3 months of my last dose (by this time, it was my first period in almost 2 years). Hubby and I started TTC our first baby in Jan 2009. He was also diagnosed with Male infertility 3 months after we started TTC. Long story short, we had 2 failed artificial insemination's (IUIs), over 14 cycles of Clomid, estrogen AND progesterone. In March 2010, we got pregnant ...ON OUR OWN! Yes! Although we did use "Instead Cups" and Clomid...but we did "IT" the 'ol fashion way which we were told would never happen. In fact, we had a LESS then 5% chance of conceiving on our own.


The last few months, my cycles have been resorting back to what they were when I was being treated for my Endo..20 day cycles and pain....not good. I'll be making a doctor apt soon to discuss fertility drugs again. I don't mind them, my body needs all the help it can get.

As a "success" story with Endometriosis, I have learned a lot. I have learned that you CAN beat endo, that endo does not mean "no kids"...just means you have to try a little bit harder. I'm expecting a super long road again just in case. I've said it before and I'll say it again ~ I'll do whatever it takes to be a mommy. The day I gave birth to Remington, I said and I quote " It was a long 2 years (TTC to Birth) but I'd do it all again in a heart beat. So here's wishing that baby #2 will come when its' ready, that my body will accept this baby and that our TTC is a learning process but a successful one.

2 comments:

  1. Woot Woot! Joining the Baby#2 action! Where will you blog about this one: here or on your old blog? I have to know where to check for updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WO!! We're so excited!! I will most likely blog on this one. Just makes it easier :) YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete