Friday, May 27, 2011

Tonight is the night

Tonight..............Remi is asleep in his crib for the first time.........deeeeeeep breath. I'm still not 'relaxed' about this, I'm still so paranoid about many things, but I feel that Remi will be more comfortable in his crib. See, he sleeps in the bassinet next our bed and every morning when I wake up, he's got one leg hanging over the side and his neck is tilted 'cause he is obviously outgrowing it. So that's when we decided "it was time" to make this move.

We have been laying him in the crib a few times a day for the past week, letting him play with toys in there and listen to music while in there so that he can learn that the crib is not scary. So tonight, we put him in the crib around the time he goes to bed, fed him his bottle and within 15 minutes - he was sound asleep! No crying, no whining, no NOTHING!! In fact - (as we waited in the living room) we could hear him laughing, coo'ing, and making his silly happy noises. That was a relief to know he wasn't scared. And again, he was out like a like within minutes.

HERE HE IS - WIDE AWAKE - GETTING READY FOR BED -

AND 15 MINUTES LATER, SOUND ASLEEP WITH HIS FAVORITE BLANKIE =)


So "that" was pretty easy. Now lets just see how the rest of the night goes. And I'm not talking only about Remington......I'm hoping WE have a good night too. It's going to be weird for me, hard for me, different for me to look over and not see Remi sleeping there in his bassinet. I just know I'll be up a few times throughout the night to check on him.

I just hope this gets easier. I know the paranoia will never go away, the thoughts of something bad happening to him while he's not next to me - but I know there's a time and place where I have to let go and let him grow up.

Good night for now.....wish US luck =)

No comments:

Post a Comment