Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One year ago...

One year ago today, I received my first positive pregnancy test after 14 months of multiple fertility treatments and medications. I can remember that day like it was yesturday....

It was a Monday morning and I had told myself the night before that "If my period wasn't here by Monday morning, then I would take a test". Sure enough, I woke up Monday morning and my period was no where in sight. I peed on that white stick, placed it on my lap while I finished peeing. By the time I was finished - there was 2 blue lines!! I picked it up, studied it for a while thinking "This looks different" (seeing how i've never seen a positive pregnancy test come from me). I then had to dig out the box from the garbage and read what a positive test looked like. IT WAS POSITIVE!!

I grabbed my phone and immediately called my sister. Yea I know....I didn't call hubby first. Anyways, It was about 7am and she picked up the phone and said "YOU'RE PREGNANT!!" ...What?? How did she know? She said "There is only one reason why you'd call me this early on a monday morning!!" LOL! I then took a picture of the test on my cell phone and sent it to her. She called back and said "OMG! Get over to my house now!!"

Once I got to my sisters house, I took another pregnancy test that was a different brand - just in case. I actually peed in a cup and had my sister dip the stick 'cause I was so terrified that i had just got a "false".....she dipped it.....and I heard her gasp and say "OMG!! ITS POSITIVE!!!" We both started tearing up. I started shaking. I couldn't believe it! It finally happened!

I went the WHOLE day without telling hubby or our parents. I just felt that something like 'this' was too darn special to share over the phone. I even told hubby that morning that I started my period. Once I got home from work that day, I placed 4 positive pregnancy tests into a gold box and wrapped it up. I told hubby that I had an early anniversary present for him since it was only 4 days before our first wedding anni.

When he was finally home and settled, I sat him down, and placed this gold box into his hands. He slowly opened it. He lifted the lid to the box and paused....."No way!!!" He said with a huge smile on his face! "These are positive!" I started crying and said "We're going to have a baby!". We hugged and kissed and cried in each others arms. He couldn't stop starting at those 4 little white sticks that said "baby"

Now it was time to tell the parents. Mike wrote "I'm Pregnant" with black marker on my belly. Our plan was to "flash" our parents the good news. We drove to my parents house first. They had literally just got home from a camping trip and was still unpacking. We sat in the kitchen with my mom and she was putting things away. She casually asked "Anything new with you two" and we just shrugged our shoulders and said "No, not really". Once my dad came in the house, in between putting things away, I said "I have something to show you all" I then got off my chair turned in circles a few times, stopped and lifted my shirt up revealing the words "I'm Pregnant" on my tummy. Tears filled the room!! They were over the moon happy for us.

We then went to Miks parents house and did the same thing. Although Mikes dad was out of town, we did the same thing for his mom and then called his dad to tell him the good news.

From there on - we were both on the phones the rest of the night calling friends and family reveling the best news ever!!

I'll never forget those emotions that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment