Friday, April 15, 2011

Moments

Well, its been about a week since Remi has really breastfed. My boobs literally stopped working, stopped producing enough milk for him, not matter what I did to help it. I ate oatmeal every morning, took fenugreek 3x a day and drank the 'boobie tea'- nothing helped. And of course, with him preferring bottle over boob (probably 'cause the bottle had more milk in it then in my boobs) made it harder to exclusively breast feed. I'm sad. I know that breastfeeding would have come to an end sooner then later due to my super low milk supply, but I miss that connection with him. I loved being the sole provider of his 'food'. I loved that I was making him grow. I miss that so much. When he is super fussy, I will latch him on for a few seconds and it calms him down immediately. I'll have some milk still come out but it's only a 'snack' for him, and I know that too will soon come to an end. Ever since we stopped breast feeding on a normal basis- it seems as if hes more cranky. Maybe he misses that 'bond' between us? That contact? I don't know...
Although there are cons about not breast feeding anymore there are also pros. I now have more time to cuddle with him. Hubby can take part in feeding him and bonding with him in that sense. We can go wherever we want, whenever we want without the stress of "Where am I going to breast feed him" or "What will people think if I start feeding him right here in front of everyone", he is fuller longer and as silly as it is-- its nice to be able to wear sexy bras again (instead of ugly breast feeding bras) and now I can wear certain shirts that normally wouldn't work with breast feeding boobs! And this past week, ever since he has soley been fed formula, he has slept through the night! Like I said- I don't think I was producing enough milk for him hence why he wasn't gaining weight and why he was not sleeping through then night and nursing every hour!!

So I miss it...terribly. I still "crave" breast feeding him. I miss that special bond but he seems happier 'cause now his belly is nice and full!

No comments:

Post a Comment