Saturday, May 5, 2012

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

Well, much to our surprise...in a way.....we are expecting baby #2!!!!! I am 5 weeks along and due around Jan. 5 2013.

We have been trying on and off for the last 6 months...nothing too serious, just doing 'the deed' on the right days and thats it.
Remember back to conceiving our son, we tried for almost a 1.5 years and had countless rounds of the fertility drug clomid, estrogen and progesterone, 2 artificial inseminations (both failed). So THIS baby was a complete surprise 'cause we didn't try at all - Literally!

I'll explain.

Last month I tore the meniscus in my left knee. I've been pretty 'couch bound' due to the pain and when I'm in pain.....sex is the last thing on my mind. Fortunately for Hubby, our anniversary was last month so to 'be a good wife' I gave in :). It made the total of sex for the month equal - ONCE!! Once the entire month. (yea, I know..Lame)

So in the back (and front) of my head I thought there is NO way I got pregnant. It wasn't "baby making sex", it was anni sex. I had no idea when I was ovulating and didn't really care - resort back to broken knee -

So there I sat, 5 weeks after my last period and I thought "Hmm.. well its not unusual to go this long between periods but I have a few 'internet cheapies' in the bathroom and ironically I have to pee!

I pee. 2 double pink lines. OMG. What? How? When? WHAAAT!!!!!!!

I call for my husband, still sitting on the potty, "What the hell is this?" ...laughing while holding up the stick.
He even said "Whaaat!!!!!"
He runs out to walgreens to get a First Response. I push out the little pee I can salvage and we wait.......

There they sat. Two...Pink....Lines....

Mike is in the kitchen feeding our boy and I yell from the bathroom ...
"I"M PREGNANT!! I"M PREGNANT!!!!"

He comes running in with the biggest smile ever and said "Really!?!? OMG!! How the heck??"

It was pretty epic.....

We had to 'sit on the news' for a good night before we told our family.

Here is the youtube link on how we told MY parents.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fakiEduBBAI

As for Mikes parents, He called his mom saying "Hey, I made something for Keri and I need to know what you think. I'm going to send you a picture on your cell" She says "Okay" -- He then sends her a picture of those two famous pink lines.....


....Can't believe we're going to do this again!!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! Congrats! We are preggo buddies again, how awesome is that! I hope you have an awesome and easy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know !! How cool is that!! Eeek!!! Its fun following your journey again :) YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and Mike! Your body must have just remembered what to do. Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete